Model NO.: QW-MICRO-468
Test Region: All
Battery Test Range: 30A -- 200A
Test State of Health: Yes
Keyword: Car Battery Tester
Transport Package: Color Box
Origin: Guangzhou, China
Type: Car Battery Tester
Application: Lead-acid Battery
Product Name: Battery Tester
Woking Voltage: -18c -- 50c
Suitable for: Lead-Acid Battery; AGM Battery
Support Languages: Multiple Languages Optional
12V 30A to 200A Lead-acid Car Battery Conductance Tester(QW-MICRO-468)
l Carefully read the user manual before using, and keep it well for future reference.
l Carefully check the device parts list before using. Any doubt, contact us immediately.
l Due to the product upgrade, tiny difference between the user manual and the device will not be further noticed. Take the device as standard.
Battery Conductance Tester adopts currently the world's most advanced conductance testing technology to easily, quickly and accurately measure the actual cold cranking amps capability of the vehicle starting battery, healthy state of the battery itself, and common fault of the vehicle starting system and charging system, which can help maintenance personnel to find the problem quickly and accurately, thus to achieve quick vehicle repair.
1. Test all automotive cranking lead acid battery, including ordinary lead acid battery, AGM flat plate battery, AGM spiral battery, and Gel battery, etc.
2. Directly detect bad cell battery.
3. Polarity reverse connection protection, reverse connection will not damage the tester or affect the vehicle and battery.
4. Directly test the battery with loss of electricity, no need to full charge before testing.
5. Testing standards include currently the world's majority of battery standards, CCA, BCI, CA, MCA, JIS, DIN, IEC, EN, SAE, GB.
6. Support multilanguages, customer can select different language package, which includes: Chinese Simple, Chinese Traditional, English, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, French, Italian, German, etc. Other languages can also be customized according to user's need.
7. With common additional functions, such as voltmeter, ammeter, thermometer, even as standby power for ECU.
8. Store 100 groups of test data for check and print. (MICRO-768)
How to Use:
1. Before Testing:
1.Clean battery poles with metal wire brush and alkaline cleaner to avoid the tolerance caused by oil and dust to the test result.
2.For Group31 or sideinstalled battery, connect and fix the terminal wiring connector. Otherwise, inaccurate test result will be caused due to wrong installation or dirty or bad wiring connectors.
3.While testing, ensure none of the invehicle electrical appliance is on, doors are closed and the ignition key is in OFF status.
4.Connect the red test clamp with battery anode and the black test clamp with cathode.
Shake the clamps back and forth to make sure they are well connected.Tester requires the two clamps are well connected with the battery poles, otherwise, the test cannot go on. When enter the battery test program, screen prompts "Check Connection" (See below picture).
Do clean the poles and re-connect in the right way.
Tester has reverse connection protection function. When clamps are reversely connected, tester will prompt "Reverse Connection" (See below picture), but it damages neither the tester nor the automotive load.
NOTE: For parallel connected batteries, break off the cathode connection first, then do single test to each battery.Suppose cathode connection is not cut off, there will be error in test result.
2. Tester Startup
MICRO-100,468-Connecting the test clamp with the battery.
MICRO-568,768-Connecting the test clamp with the battery, then press power key.
The real time capacity of Voltmeter value,measure
the internal 9V battery range is 1.0-30VDC
3. IN-VEHICLE or OUT-OF-VEHICLE
After starting up, the battery will prompt to select batter location. Press UP/DOWN key to select in-vehicle or out-of-vehicle, then press OK key to confirm.
When surface charge detected by the tester, it prompts "SURFACE CHARGE, TURN LIGHTS ON".
Turn lights on as prompted to eliminate battery surface charge, tester will then display the following messages as right images.
Now the tester detects the surface charge has been eliminated, turn lights off as prompted, then press OK key. The tester will recover automatic test.
4. Select Battery Charge State
Press UP/DOWN key to select battery charge status Before Charge or After Charge, then press OK key to confirm. This way can ensures a more accurate test result.
NOTE: In Vehicle, select Before Charge for Cold Vehicle and After Charge for Hot Vehicle.
5. Select Battery Type
Press UP/DOWN key to select battery type, i.e. Regular Flooded, AGM Flat Plate or AGM Spiral, and Gel battery.Press UP/DOWN key to select battery type, and press OK key to confirm.
When it's IN-VEHICLE test, battery installation way shall also be selected, e.g. TOP, SIDE or REMOTE (This selection is no need for OUT-OF-VEHICLE), then press OK key to confirm.REMOTE is adopted for some in vehicle battery which is too tightly installed to use the test clamps to connect the battery poles.
NOTE: For REMOTE test, there will be a little tolerance. For any doubt, take off the battery and select "OUT-OF-VEHICLE" to re-test.
6. Battery System Standard and Rating
Use UP/DOWN key to select according to the actual system standard and rating marked on the battery. See in the below picture, the arrow indicated location.
|CCA||Cold Cranking Amps, specified by SAE&BCI, most frequently used value for starting battery at 0°F (-18°C)|
|BCI||Battery Council International standard|
|CA||Cranking Amps standard, effective starting current value at 0°C|
|MCA||Marine Cranking Amps standard, effective starting current value at 0°C|
JIS:Japan Industrial Standard, displayed on the battery as combination of the numbers and letters, e.g. 55D23,80D26.
|DIN||German Auto Industry Committee Standard|
|IEC||Internal Electro technical Commission Standard|
|EN||European Automobile Industry Association Standard|
|SAE||Society of Automotive Engineers Standard|
|GB||China National Standard.|
Input correct test standard and rating, press OK key, tester starts to test, and dynamic interface "TESTING"prompted. See above.
7. Battery Test Result
NOTE: If "Replace" resulted from IN-VEHICLE mode, it might be the reason that vehicle cable is not well connected with the battery.Ensure to cut off the cable and retest the battery under OUT-OF-VEHICLE before making a decision to replace battery.
After testing,if need to return, press RETURN key to directly return to the startup interface.If it is "OUT-OF-VEHICLE" test state, press OK key, it will print the test result.
If it is "IN-VEHICLE" test state, press OK key will bring to Cranking Test.
8. Cranking Test
Connect with current clamp in advance. Under bad connection, tester will not test the actual cranking amps accurately.
Starting the engine as prompted, tester will automatically complete the cranking test and display the result.
Normally, cranking voltage value lower than 9.6V is regarded as abnormal, higher than 9.6V is OK.Test result includes actual cranking voltage, actual cranking amps, and actual cranking time.
When cranking test is abnormal, battery test result will also be displayed at the same time.See right side image:
After testing finished, do not shut down the engine, press OK key to enter Charging Test.
10. Charging System and Rectifier Diode Test
When enter the charging test, tester will prompt "Charging Test?" Press OK key to start the charging test.
NOTE: Do not shut down the engine during the test.All electrical appliance and device are in OFF state.Turn on/off any electrical appliance in the vehicle during the test will affect the accuracy of the test result.
Tester will do the following tests in a sequence:For ripple test, tester will display the real time ripple and meanwhile, shows ripple volt and charging volt values at the bottom line.
After the ripple test, tester will automatically start the loaded voltage test.
Loaded Volt Test takes approx. 3 seconds, then it hints "Step on accelerator to increase engine rotating speed".Operate accordingly to increase the engine rotating speed to 3000turns or above, and keep for 5 seconds.
Tester starts the charging volt test after increase rev detected. The result displays the effective charging volts, ripple test result and charging test result.
If no increase rev detected, it shall be the fault of generator regulator or connection with battery failed.Tester will try 3 times to further detect, if still failed, it will skip the increase rev detect and the test result displays "No Volt Output". Check the connection between generator and battery, then retest.
Charging Test Result:
1. Charging Volt: Normal. The generator output normal, no problem detected.
2. Charging Volt: Low. Check drive belt of the generator whether slip or running off. Check the connection between generator and battery is normal or not. If both of the drive belt and the connection are in good condition, follow the manufacturer's suggestion to eliminate generator fault.
3. Charging Volt: High. Since most of the vehicle generators are using internal regulator, the generator assembly has to be replaced.(Some old style cars are using external regulator, then directly replace the regulator.) The normal high volt of the voltage regulator is maximum 14.7±0.5V.If charging volt is too high, it will overcharge the battery. Therefore, the battery life will be shortened and troubles will be caused.
4. No Volt Output. No generator volt output is detected.Check the generator connection cable, the drive belt of generator and engine whether normal or not.
5. Diode Test: Through the test of charging current ripple, tester will find out whether the diode is normal or not.When ripple volt is too high, it proves at least one diode is damaged. Check and replace the diode.
Previous: The method of testing battery tester